Robert Zemeckis joins the VIEW 2022 lineup
VIEW Conference 2022 announced that director Robert Zemeckis will join Kevin Baillie in a virtual discussion about the making of his latest film, Disney’s Pinocchio. The upcoming 23rd edition of Italy’s premier conference on animation, visual effects, games and computer graphics will take place October 16-21 in Turin, Italy.
The VIEW 2022 Conference Program is available to browse by topic or speaker.
Here are some highlights from the presentation:
Industry leaders discuss the future of storytelling and other cutting-edge topics:
- James Knight, AMD Global Head of Media and Entertainment/Visual Effects
- Faik Karaoglu, Executive Vice President of Brand Operations at Wacom
- Marc Petit, vice president and general manager of Epic Games Unreal Engine
- Steve May, Pixar CTO
- Rob Bredow, CCO at Industrial Light & Magic
- Ramsey Naito, President of Nickelodeon/Paramount
- Kristine Belson, President of Sony Pictures Animation
- Peter Ramsey, director at Netflix Animation (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / ollie lost)
- Rob Hoffmann, Global Director of Media and Entertainment at Lenovo
- Cathal Loughnane, Head of Aston Martin Partnerships at Aston Martin Lagonda
Exciting panels exploring virtual production, including:
- Steve Griffith, Executive Producer Virtual Production at DNEG
- Paul Debevec, director of research at Netflix
- Janet Muswell Hamilton, Senior Vice President of Visual Effects at HBO
- Roslyn Aronowitz, Senior Producer for Virtual Production at ILM
- Christina Heller, CEO of Metastage
In-depth presentations on the latest creative triumphs, including:
- Love, Death + Robots: Night of the Dead Minis with BUCK’s creative directors, Robert Bisi and Andy Lyon
- The sand man – with Raphaël Letertre, Rodeo FX CG Supervisor
- Return – Sharman Jagadeesan and Risto Jankkila of Housemarque
- entergalactic –David Prescott, Archie Donato and Kapil Sharma of DNEG
The full list of speakers is available here.
Moreover, look Jurassic World Dominion; Thor: Love and Thunder; Westworld; Light year; turn red; The beast from the sea; and My Father’s Dragon.
The VIEW conference invites students and professionals to the career fair – an opportunity to showcase talent to major game and movie studios, share reels, and meet mentors. Recruiters include Industrial Light & Magic, Framestore, Alps Studios, Trixter, Axis Studios, El Ranchito and Rotomaker.
Get your tickets here.
Source: VIEW 2022
Debbie Diamond Sarto is Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.